Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these terms and conditions shall be to specify the terms and conditions of use and the rules for membership for the membership service (hereinafter referred to as 'Service’) provided by gn_s online platform operated by the Seoul Design Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the 'Foundation') pursuant to the Telecommunication Business Act and the Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection.
Article 2 (Notices)
1. These regulations take effect by posting on the service screen or by notifying members in other ways.
2. The Foundation may change these regulations, and the changed regulations take effect by notifying them in the same way as in paragraph 1.
Article 3 (Rules other than the terms and conditions)
Matters not stipulated in these terms and conditions shall be governed by the Telecommunications Business Act, the Information and Communication Network Utilization Promotion and Information Protection Act, and other related laws.
Article 4 (Definitions)
The definitions of terms used in this agreement are as follows.
1. "Member" refers to a person who has signed a service use agreement with the Foundation.
2. "User ID" refers to an individual who has signed a service use agreement with the Foundation and has been given a user number.
3. "Password" refers to a combination of letters and numbers set by the user in order to confirm that the user is aligned with the user number and to protect the user's own confidentiality.
4. "Operator" refers to a person selected by the Foundation for overall management and smooth operation of the service.
Chapter 2 Agreement on service use
Article 5 (Establishment of use agreement)
1. By clicking “Agree” button on the terms and conditions, users will be considered to agree to the terms and conditions.
2. The use agreement shall be established when the Foundation accepts such membership application.
Article 6 (Reservation and rejection of use agreement)
1. The Foundation may withhold the acceptance of the use agreement in the following cases.
A. In the event of no remaining room for service facility capacity
B. If it is determined that there is a technical problem to provide the service
C. Other cases deemed to be necessary by the Foundation
2. The Foundation may reject to accept the use agreement in the event of the followings:
A. When the application for use is made with a name which is different from the person's real name on the resident registration card, or when the contents of the application for use are falsely entered, or when an application for use is made with false documents attached
Article 7 (Management of user numbers, etc.)
1. In principle, only one user number is issued to an individual with the registered e-mail address joined with the person's real name on the resident registration card.
2. For the user number, the real name (real name) must be linked to the user name. The user who owns the user number is responsible for the management of the user number and password, and any disadvantages arising from negligence in using the service or illegal use by a third party. However, in the event of the company’s intention or gross negligence, it will be exceptional.
1. In the event of any change in the followings, the user must immediately access the service and update such change.
A. Address and phone number
C. Other matters acknowledged by the Foundation
2. The user number can be changed at the request of the user in the following cases.
A. In the event of any concerns of invasion of privacy by being registered with the user's phone number, resident registration number, etc.
B. In case of being repugnant to others
C. Other cases acknowledged by the Foundation
Chapter 3 Use of service
Article 9 (Obligations of the Foundation)
The Foundation shall not disclose or distribute the member's personal information known in relation to the provision of the service to a third party without the consent of the person. However, in case of a request from a state agency under the provisions of laws such as the Framework Act on Telecommunications, etc., a request for investigation of a crime, or a request from the Information and Communication Ethics Committee, or a request in accordance with other relevant laws and regulations, it shall be exceptional.
Article 10 (Members obligations to manage user ID and password)
1. Members are responsible for all management of user ID and password. Members are responsible for all consequences arising from negligence or illegal use of user ID and password.
2. Members who discover that their user ID and password are being used illegally must notify the company immediately.
Article 11 (Members obligations on overall service)
1. Members shall not perform/conduct any of the following actions when using the service.
① Using other member’s user ID illegally
② Reproducing the information obtained from the service for purposes other than the member's use without prior consent of the company, using it for publication and broadcasting, or providing it to a third party
③ Infringing other rights such as copyrights of third parties
④ Distributing information, sentences, figures, etc. of contents that violate public order and morals
⑤ Acts that are objectively judged to be associated with crime
⑥ Defaming or disadvantaging others
⑦ Violating other related laws and these terms and conditions
2. Members must comply with the matters stipulated in these terms and conditions and the matters notified by the Foundation, such as the service usage guide or precautions, etc.
3. Members are not allowed to conduct business activities using the service without prior approval from the Foundation, and the Foundation shall not take any responsibility for the results arising from such business activities.
Article 12 (Service hours)
1. In principle, the service hour is 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, without break, unless there is a special problem with the foundation's business or technology.However, in case of need for system inspection, replacement, maintenance, etc., it will be exceptional.
2. The Foundation may divide the service into a certain range and set the available time for each range separately.
Article 13 (Suspension of providing service)
1. In the event of any unavoidable reason, such as a wartime incident, natural disaster, or a national emergency equivalent thereto, or suspension of telecommunication service provided by a telecommunication service provider under the Telecommunication Business Act, the Foundation shall suspend or limit all or part of the service.
2. When the Foundation restricts or suspends the use of the service pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Foundation will notify the user of the reason and the period without delay.
Chapter 4 Termination of agreement and limitation on use
Article 14 (Termination of agreement and limitation on use)
1. When a member wishes to terminate the use agreement, he/she must apply for termination to the Foundation online.
2. If the Foundation intends to restrict the use of the service, it will notify the users of the reason and date and time, etc. However, sanctions may be imposed immediately if the Foundation deems it necessary to urgently suspend the use.
3. The user who has been notified of suspension of use pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph may file an objection if he or she considers that the notification of suspension of use is unfair.
4. The Foundation may temporarily postpone the suspension of use during the period for confirmation of such objection pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, and notify the user of the progress and results.
5. If it is confirmed that the reason for the suspension has been resolved during the suspension period, the Foundation will immediately cancel the suspension.
Chapter 5 Compensation for damage, etc.
Article 15 (Compensation for damage)
The Foundation shall not be liable for any damages incurred to members in connection with the use of the service while the service is free. After the service becomes to a paid service, it shall be separately decided.
Article 16 (Disclaimer)
1. If the Foundation cannot provide the service due to natural disasters or other force majeure reasons, the foundation is exempted from responsibility for the suspension of providing service.
2. The Foundation shall not be responsible for any obstacles in using the service due to reasons attributable to the users.
3. The Foundation shall not be responsible for any damages caused by the information obtained by users using the service.
4. The Foundation shall not be responsible for the reliability or accuracy of IP information provided through the Foundation's service network and information posted or transmitted by users.
These terms and conditions will be effective from the date of publication.